Total Commander, formerly known as Windows Commander, is one of the most functional, easy to use and consequently, popular file managers. The program was originally designed only for Windows OS, but now, thanks to specific plugins of filesystems, the owners of devices based on Linux, PocketPC, can download Total Commander.
The manager supports FTP and with the help of built-in client can automatically perform broken download resume and transfer files from one remote device to another. The program provides the ability to quickly view the multimedia and text files, advanced search, work with the command line and the most common archives. Another plus is the compatibility of most hotkeys with Volkov/Norton Commanders. In the latest versions you can add comments to files.
Features and advantages of the program:
- multilingual GUI interface, divided into two interrelated panels;
- keyboard functions most closely resembling the original;
- many customizable toolbars and menus with buttons, starting external programs or manager's internal tasks, the functionality can be extended by connecting the plugins;
- You can work with archives on the same principle as with subdirectories;
- internal unpackers for the most popular formats available;
- advanced files search and their batch renaming.
You can download Total Commander free using our portal.