DOSBox is a computer emulator in Windows that creates the DOS environment needed to run old applications and games that cannot be run on a modern computer. Work depends on the settings and parameters of the computer.
- emulation of IBM PC hardware and MS-DOS operating environment;
- the use of dynamic broadcast instructions on the relevant equipment;
- full emulation on the appropriate hardware including graphics and file system emulation;
- work with sounds and network.
The application is able to emulate almost all MS-DOS video modes, as well as various equipment and audio systems. It is possible to set the speed of work. For this, a special configuration file is provided, where you can specify the necessary settings (the size of the allocated memory, the work of the virtual processor, and others).
- support direct serial port;
- different modes of operation;
- availability of text and graphic modes;
- high speed (depending on the computer).