ePSXe is an emulator that allows you to run games for Play Station 1 on a regular computer. Provides fast work of all games from the old console.
Features of ePSXe
To work, you need the BIOS of the original console, which can either be retrieved from the Play Station, or found on the network. The developers did not want to violate the copyright of SONY using their proprietary software, so they provided this opportunity to ordinary users.
It uses special plug-ins for virtual recovery of the console hardware. Emulated graphics adapter and console sound processor. ePSXe allows you to run games from both physical disks and their images stored on your computer’s hard drive. It has many plugins and settings. Non-working titles require patches in * .ppf format, designed to improve compatibility.
- alternative to a full-fledged Play Station console;
- very low system requirements - a 500 megahertz processor and 256 megabytes of RAM;
- Built-in plug-ins support DiretX and OpenGL, so graphics in emulated games is better than the original;
- music and sounds are reproduced without problems;
- Sony does not have to use a joystick - any controller or keyboard and mouse is suitable.