TOM Reader Russian is a free utility for reading electronic books in the Windows operating system. It allows you to read books in the most common modern formats and even listen to them thanks to the support of speech synthesis.
Main advantages of TOM Reader
- intuitive and convenient user interface;
- high-quality visualization of texts;
- the ability to work with texts in Dos, Koi and Win encodings;
- automatic detection of those encodings that are used in the document;
- support for text formats such as RTF, TXT, HTML and Word;
- support for skin technology GIF and JPEG;
- ability to work with texts packed with Zip archiver ;
- support for speech synthesis, that is, reading the text in the ear;
- opportunity to connect or self-create pronunciation dictionaries;
- availability of a convenient search in the text.
This program is a great solution for those who like hanging out with a book. It can reproduce not only text documents, but also their graphic content, as well as sound. At the same time, it is natural that for high-quality voice playback you will have to download some additional materials.
In general, all the settings of the utility are extremely simple and just as necessary, so that everyone will be able to adapt this simple program to their reader needs.