2GIS is a symbiosis of online navigator, offline maps and information guide for Android devices. Allows you to navigate the terrain with cell towers, Wi-Fi access points and global positioning systems GPS and GLONASS. It has pre-installed offline maps to save battery power and navigate in the absence of lack of communication.
Equipped with a built-in information and reference system that allows you to get detailed information about the route and the objects on the map. It has several modes of operation - "pedestrian", "road" and "public transport". If there is a connection, it downloads information about traffic jams, road works, hazardous weather conditions and other factors affecting the traffic situation.
- Displays an offline map of the area;
- Adapts the way of plotting the route in accordance with the selected mode of operation;
- Filters the display of objects on the map, according to the specified search parameters;
- Reads data from the address entry line and routes between the specified points, or, if there is a signal, from the device location to the specified objects;
- Displays background information about each selected object on the map;
- In the presence of communication with cell towers, Wi-Fi access points or GPS and GLONASS satellites, it analyzes geolocation data obtained with their help and indicates the device’s location on the map;
- It loads real-time traffic data from the Internet network near the paved route or the area viewed on the map in real time.
- Several modes of operation;
- Carefully-designed and proven routes for both transport and pedestrians;
- The possibility of laying a route to a specific entrance;
- Pre-installed information and reference system with information about hundreds of thousands of objects (ATMs, restaurants, hospitals, features of access to them, reviews of visitors, work schedules, etc.);
- Availability of offline maps of the 9th ranks of the world;
- Several ways to determine the location;
- Download traffic data in real time;
- Regular updates.
- The lack of built-in chat for the rapid exchange of information between drivers.