HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool is a small application that is designed not only to format flash drives, but also to create a bootable flash drive. The application supports such file systems as: FAT, FAT32 and NTFS.
HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool allows you to work with devices through the use of port USB 2.0.
To boot the computer from a flash drive, you first need to set the flash drive in the BIOS Setup settings as the first device from which the computer will boot.
The HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool checks the USB flash drive, and then begins to redo it as an HDD device that is connected using the USB interface. Next, the media is formatted with the necessary file system.
When using an NTFS file system on a flash drive, you have an additional opportunity to increase the volume, but only if you enable data compression, the only drawback of using this technique is the drop in the speed of reading and writing data to the media.
Such a flash drive can be useful for lovers of portable Windows OS. You can download the free HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool on our website.
The main features of HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool
- exclusion or restoration of "broken" clusters of the drive;
- The application supports several file systems, namely: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS;
- there is the possibility of creating on the flash drive "boot area";
- there is an opportunity to compress information;
- The application forces the media to be formatted, while ignoring executable and open files.