FBReader is a cross-platform freeware utility designed to read books in electronic format. Works in Windows, Linux, MacOS, Android, iOS, etc.
FBReader allows you to open virtual libraries, as well as group books on all thematic sections. The main advantage of these libraries is that they greatly facilitate the search for the necessary publications in the file directory.
The program does not contain a menu. Its working interface is a toolbar with highlighted buttons. Setup options give you the ability to control text formatting, page turning. In addition, you can mark the text and set the desired amount of text indent from the edge.
At the bottom of the panel there is an indicator familiar to the programs of this class, which opens the system time for the user, the total number of pages, the current page number. The program options give the reader the opportunity to format the text and place the layout of the pages of the publication.
- ability to work with archived text formats ZIP, TAR, BZIP2, GZIP;
- support for most popular encoding types;
- Preservation in memory of the last open book and the list of files viewed last time;
- setting the distance from the edge;
- search by text;
- creating links and working with them;
- the ability to work in full screen mode and rotate the text image to 270 °, 180 ° and 90 °.
Disadvantages of the FBReader program
The program with heavy archives is slower on mobile devices.