Foobar2000 is a free audio player with high performance, broad functionality for working with metadata, high-fidelity sound reproduction and extensibility. This article will describe current version of the program.
There are official components of the program, as well as third-party design with enhanced functionality.
- The program is designed only for the family of Windows operating systems and has only English interface;
- only unmodified copies of the program installer are allowed to be freely distributed;
Foobar2000 main features in the standard version:
- Before playing the audio noise forming and dithering is carried out.
- Full Unicode support.
- The possibility of expanding the program functional by third-party developers.
- ReplayGain method allows you to equalize the volume.
- Copying of audio CDs.
- Bulk editing of metadata.
- Effective work with large playlists.
- Displaying of information about the files, advanced file processing.
- Support for music library.
- A large number of playlists displaying options.
- Support for Last.fmskrobbler.
- With ABX-testing function, the sound quality of different file formats can be adequately estimated.
- Working with audio streams.
- Free software, it is free to download foobar2000.
- Recoding of supported audio formats (requires external encoders).
- Ability to customize the appearance of the interface to your taste.
- Playing music and reading metadata from files that are packed in archives (files are extracted into temporary files).
Additional features in the official copyright plugins:
- Function of output directly to the sound card.
- Direct output to the soundcard through ASIO 2.0
- Output via the Windows Audio Session (in Windows Vista SP1 and above).
You can download foobar2000 for free right now from our website.