MyPublicWiFi is a program that allows you to quickly set up an access point to distribute any Internet connection if you have a PC or laptop with an integrated wireless module. The firewall has the ability to limit the use of P2P connections, so that users can use an available connection only for surfing or viewing media content.
MyPublicWiFi can use a laptop or computer as a wireless router. This can be done using standard operating system tools, but this configuration is a very complicated and time-consuming process.
The main functions of MyPublicWiFi
The main advantage of the utility is the ability to configure the distribution of the wireless Internet using a laptop with just a few mouse clicks.
The program works only if it is run as an administrator. The MyPublicWiFi interface is divided into just three tabs:
- Managment: setting up a firewall allows you to prevent network users from using file sharing services or torrents in order not to block the channel with downloads. In the same tab, you can put a tick in front of the "Startup" field, so that the program starts with the launch of the operating system;
- Clients: here you can monitor the list of clients connected to the distributed network;
- Setting: select the settings for the future wireless network (enter a password, assign a name). From the list of available connections, you need to select the one that has direct access to the global network. This may be an available Wi-Fi connection that can be distributed using a laptop, or a local connection. You can also distribute 3G or 4G connections, if supported by the computer.
Disadvantages of MyPublicWiFi
- One of the most significant drawbacks is the inability to use some laptops or PCs to create an access point. Developers attribute this to the features of the work and the configuration of some network cards that are installed in the laptop.
- The program receives a regular update, so the list of supported equipment expands.
- Another disadvantage is the need to constantly run the program as an administrator.
- In MyPublicWiFi, you can select one of the available languages, but there is no Russian in localization yet.