OBS Studio is an improved version of OBS (Open Broadcaster Software). This is an open and free source for video recording and live streaming.
OBS has a very wide range of features and capabilities and is free of charge. This version has retained the user-friendly interface - a menu bar, a preview window, areas with scenes, sources, and mixers.
In each scene - a different set of sources. Between scenes you can easily switch. The mixer displays all the sound sources that are available.
The OBS Studio utility has several unique functions and features:
- image editor and video filters;
- each source immediately becomes global;
- convenient rearrangement of scenes and sources is provided;
- A playback device with volume control has been added to each source;
- sources are conveniently layered for easy editing;
- recording multiplexing (changing video format from .flv to .mp4).
Among the shortcomings of the updated version worth noting is that with full-screen viewing does not work editing function.
In the utility menu you can select and configure the following basic parameters:
- language and theme;
- broadcasting - you can choose the type of broadcasting from a custom server and broadcast services, such as, for example, YouTube;
- output mode is a very interesting thing that you should pay attention to. Advanced mode allows you to configure many parameters: multiple audio tracks, audio formats, choice of encoder. In the audio settings, it is available to delete your voice or game sounds. Configuring CPU Profile - affects the processor load of the stream. For users without streaming experience, there is a simple mode with automatic settings;
- audio - allows you to adjust the number of channels (stereo or audio), the choice of audio device, etc .;
- video - render selection (OpenGL added), FPS value;
- hotkeys - personalized settings, default values are empty;
- advanced settings - advanced settings, such as audio buffering.
Anyone who has worked with OBS Classic will appreciate the version called OBS Studio.