FreeCommander is a two-pane file manager. The program has all the necessary functions for managing files.
The program has all the necessary functions for managing files. A distinctive feature of the program is its ability to work without installation. The program can be run from any folder or removable media. Thus, the program can work on different computers.
The program provides support for the traditional context menu of Windows, it works with archives ZIP, RAR, CAB . An FTP client is built into the application and is easy to set up.
The program can be controlled using hot keys, their combinations for calling a particular function can be set independently. The program panels are configured directly from the main window.
Features and features of the program FreeCommander
- simple, easily customizable interface, which consists of two panels;
- vertical and horizontal arrangement of panels;
- each panel reflects the folder tree;
- there is a command line;
- File names and path to them can be copied to the clipboard;
- there is drag & drop support;
- the ability to customize the program on your own;
- information about the folder or file can be viewed as a tooltip or in the status line;
- ready projects can be saved;
- tabs for panels are supported;
- quick access to objects, Start menu;
- the ability to connect additional programs;
- quick viewing of files in different formats;
- support for all file operations, including mashing;
- an FTP client is present;
- you can create and check MD5 checksums;
- batch rename;
- separation of files into parts;
- folder synchronization;
- archives support CAB, ZIP (RAR read only);
- ZIP archives;
- You can search the text in the archives;
- the ability to take screenshots of the Desktop;
- the ability to work with network drives.