CrystalDiskMark is a utility for Windows that performs comparative testing of installed hard drives in performance. Shows the speed of writing / reading, calculates the average values and gives an estimate of the effectiveness of their work.
- choice of hard drive for testing;
- selection of the text file size that will be used for testing (50-1000 MB) and the number of runs (1-9);
- several test options.
To calculate the speed of writing and reading the hard disk, you must select the test data, that is, the type of the copied data section. The utility fills it with random characters. The accuracy of the result depends on the type of test and the number of passes. The more passes - the more accurate the result, but the longer it will be tested. You can select one of four available tests or run all at once. The result is affected by the correct connection of devices. For example, the fastest hard drives should be connected to the maximum speed slots.
- ease of management and configuration;
- the ability to change the theme;
- fine tuning of tests;
- visual and understandable presentation of test results.