R..saver is a free utility, which is a cut-down version of a serious but paid product UFS Explorer Recovery. Despite the somewhat lightened functionality, I will cope with such tasks with honor:
- File recovery after standard deletion;
- File recovery after quick format;
- Recovery of data files after erasing a table with headers in the file system and erasing individual memory cells on the disk.
Features of r.saver
It works with NTFS and FAT file systems, the user is offered a pleasant, intuitive interface, with detailed information on each of the disks on the scanned computer. It is possible to manually configure if one of the sections is not automatically determined.
How to work with the program
Scans disk space or selected partitions.
According to the result, the following information will be displayed on the right side of the screen:
- The folder “Result of reconstruction” is a file system modeled on the basis of data obtained during scanning;
- Folder “Deleted files” - with a list of deleted files;
- Folder “Damaged Files” - data with damaged structure ”;
- “Found by type” folder - scanned by signatures.
The utility allows you to view the data before recovery and save the scan results. The necessary data can be saved by selecting the appropriate item from the context menu. Strictly recommended to restore to another disk medium.
Differences from the extended version
R..saver does not understand RAID arrays and functions only on the local computer. The rest of the functionality fully copies the capabilities of a paid product and more than fully meets the needs of home users.