AVG LinkScanner is a program that protects the user's PC from threats while browsing the web.
AVG LinkScanner features
The Internet as a global global network is full of all kinds of malicious software modules that are just waiting for a chance to get on the user's home computer. The advantage of the software under consideration is that it works in real-time mode and does not leave any links that the surfer of the World Wide Web tries to navigate. In the event that a user attempts to visit a site that has been rated by AVG LinkScanner as unsafe, a protective function is activated to shield the user from any unpleasant consequences if he visits this address. AVG LinkScanner protects the user's PC while browsing or searching through web pages.
The main protective capabilities are provided by two components:
- Active Surf-Shield protects directly the process of surfing in all popular browsers ( Internet Explorer , Opera browser , Google Chrome , Mozilla FireFox );
- AVG LinkScanner specializes in search protection by issuing safety ratings in search results if it is used by default (unsafe sites are marked in red and safe sites are marked in green).
Benefits of AVG LinkScanner
- Clearing security ratings for standard search results and contextual advertising;
- Does not conflict with popular antivirus programs;
- Objects for analysis are pages, not entire sites, with the result that sites are never completely blocked if they contain one or more infected pages;
- Pages are checked only if the user tries to visit them;
- Installation is easy and does not take much time, small consumption of OS resources during operation.